As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. West Seed Farm #ad
300 Mammoth Poppy Seeds Papaver Somniferum Biggest Poppy to Grow! #adWest Seed Farm #ad
- A mix of compost, particularly until the plants are established. They will usually hybridize with other poppies if precautions are not taken to prevent cross-pollination. Sowing in the fall may not work if the winters are especially cold.
An early start is important because the seeds will germinate best at temperatures of about 60 degree Fahrenheit. Keep well-watered, fine soil or sand and then scatter the mix. A light, sand, well-draining soil is important. The seed oil is also used for a variety of purposes such as making paints, varnishes and salad dressings.
Transplanting is not recommended unless it can be done carefully without disturbing the roots. Sow the seeds in early spring or in the fall if your bed is prepared before the winter.
This variety is valued because it produces a lot of seeds. Shirley poppies are considered to be particularly sensitive to transplanting. Add lime if the soil is acidic. Seeds sown in the fall will germinate the following spring when the temperatures are right. With plants stretching up to four feet, the foliage is bluish green and resembles lettuce. Bluish Green Foliage. Awe-inspiring! These have the largest flowers we've found.
2. Seedville #ad
350 TASMANIAN Purple & White POPPY Papaver Somniferum Flower Seeds #adSeedville #ad
- Hardiness zone: annual but reseeds itself easily, so it acts like a perennial in all zones. Light requirements: sun. Soil / water: Average. Bloom time: July - Fall. Plant height: 36 - 48".
Plant spacing: 15 - 18". They are known in folk medicine as a mild sedative and analgesic. Poppies attract bees, butterflies, and birds. The huge showy 2 - 4 inches blooms make them an excellent cut flower, and their unique looking seed pods are splendid in dried arrangements or for crafts.
3. One Stop Poppy Shoppe #ad
Papaver Poppy Danish Flag 2500 Seeds. One Stop Poppy Shoppe Brand. #adOne Stop Poppy Shoppe #ad
- Plant in Spring or Fall. Planting and growing instructions included. Grows 2-3 feet high. Freely re-seeds. Soil: Any well drained. Add additional packs of one stop Poppy Shoppe Brand Seeds to the same cart and shipping will total $5. 49 for all. Annual. Full sun to partial shade.
4. Seed Needs #ad
Seed Needs, Single Mixed Poppy Papaver Somniferum Twin Pack of 500 Seeds Each #adSeed Needs #ad
- Packets are 3. 25" wide by 4. 50" tall and come with a full colored illustration on the front side, as well as detailed sowing instructions on the reverse. Intended for the current and the following growing season. When the blooms are spent and wilt away, attractive poppy pods are left behind.
Quality poppy seeds packaged by seed needs. This mixture of poppies will produce several colorful blooms in shades of pink, red, lavender and white.
All seeds are produced from open pollinated plants, stored in a temperature controlled facility and constantly moved out due to popularity. The plants will mature to a height of roughly 24 to 36 inches tall.
Categorized as an annual flowering plant, the somniferum poppy will grow quickly from flower seeds, bloom profusely for a few short weeks and will later die with the first killing frost. All poppy seeds sold by seed needs are non-gmo based seed products and are intended for the current & the following growing season. The seeds can fall to the bare ground beneath to establish new plants the following growing season.
5. Marde Ross & Company #ad
3000 Seeds of Lauren’s Grape Somniferum Poppy Seeds #adMarde Ross & Company #ad
- Marde ross & company specializes in flowering bulbs and peonies and has been a licensed California Nursery since 1985. Lauren’s grape - Oriental Poppy Somniferum. See planting Information Below. Grows in rocky areas as well as Hillsides, Vineyards, Seaside. Approximately 3, 000 Seeds.
6. Earthcare Seeds #ad
Heirloom, Earthcare Seeds Giant Poppy 250 Seeds Papaver Somniferum Giganteum Non GMO #adEarthcare Seeds #ad
- Germination tested. Big seed pods Suitable for Flower Arrangements. Quality seeds from Earth Friendly Growers. Zones 2 - 8 will tolerate Most Soils but Prefers Sandy Soil.
Plant with Confidence! Self-seeding annual with beautiful Blooms up to 6 inches Wide Growing 2 - 4 feet Tall. Earthcare seeds brand - carefully packaged with planting instructions. Sow in spring or Fall.
|Brand||Earthcare Seeds #ad|
|Manufacturer||Earthcare Seeds #ad|
|Warranty||Manufacturer warranty for 90 days from date of purchase.|
7. Plant Good Seed #ad
Non-GMO, Hungarian Poppy Papaver somniferum Seeds, Pack of 250, Untreated Flower Seeds for Planting – from USA, Open Pollinated, Certified Organic #adPlant Good Seed #ad
- Know the Source. Non-gmo, heirloom Variety. Our company is located in ojai, California, United States. Certified organic by oregon tilth: OT-017423.
Packet: ~75 seeds 003 gram. Plant Good Seed. 75 days from seed to flower. Start seeds from late winter through late spring in most climates. Annual.
8. Plant Good Seed #ad
Untreated Flower Seeds for Planting – from USA, Open Pollinated, Peshawar Poppy Seeds, Pack of 250, Certified Organic, Non-GMO #adPlant Good Seed #ad
- Non-gmo, heirloom Variety. Certified organic by oregon tilth: OT-017423. Plant Good Seed. Grow from early spring to Early Summer in Most Climates. Located in ojai, california, United States. 75 days from seed to flower. Annual. Know the Source. Packet: ~250 seeds 01 gram.
9. Outsidepride #ad
5000 Seeds, Outsidepride Poppy Hen & Chickens #adOutsidepride #ad
- Usda zones: 3 - 10 Height: 24 - 32 inch annual. No other company on this listing is selling our seed. Bloom color: Pale pink to purple. Company. Outsidepride is a family owned U. S. Sowing rate: 5 - 6 seeds per plant.